Breakdown of Common Accidents on Halloween
All trick-or-treaters want on Halloween is some candy, scares, and a few laughs, but no one wants to visit the emergency room. Unfortunately, accidents happen all too often this time of year, with 3550 deaths in October 2015 alone. These accidents were the result of motor vehicle incidents that could have been easily avoided. Below we provide a statistical breakdown regarding common Halloween accidents.
Statistical breakdown regarding common Halloween accidents
According to the National Safety Council (NSC) in 2015, 6,700 pedestrian deaths and 160,000 injuries were the result of pedestrian-motor vehicle accidents.
- 17% of these deaths occurred by pedestrians crossing roads or intersections
- 15% of deaths were due to a lack of visibility
- 15% of deaths in kids ages 5 to 9 resulted from darting or running across the road
- 7% of deaths in kids 10 to 15 resulted from darting
- October ranks No.2 overall in motor vehicle deaths by month
For tips to avoid these accidents, check out our article on 7 Ways to Stay Safe this Halloween. If you find yourself in an emergency situation this Halloween, the services of a medical air transport provider might become necessary. Rico Aviation, a medical transport company certified by the state of Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado, is a complete bed-to-bed service that operates as a MICU, Critical Care air ambulance. Learn more about how Rico Aviation provides the highest quality of care possible by visiting our website or contact 806-331-7426.