At Rico Aviation, your care is our number one concern. Every single one of our medical flight crew members is required to have at least three years of experience in critical care. We hold our nurses and paramedics to the highest standards and certification requirements.
In order to join team, our nurses are required to hold following certifications:
- Certified Emergency Nurse/CEN
- Critical Care Registered Nurse/CCRN
- Certified Flight Registered Nurse/CFRN
- Certified Transport Registered Nurse/CTRN
Our paramedics are required to hold the following certifications:
- Certified Flight Paramedic/FP-C
Our Pilots are required to hold the following certifications:
- ATP (Airline Transport Pilot) rating- highest level of aircraft pilot rating in the United States.
- A minimum of 3500 hours flight time
- Annual recurrent simulator training consisting of:
- In-flight emergency procedures
- Extensive knowledge of all aircraft systems
In addition to all of our certified flight crew members, Rico Aviation uses the highest quality equipment to provide you with the best treatment possible including the Hamilton T1 Ventilator and Zoll X Series monitor. Each Air Ambulance has its supplies checked and restocked after every flight. Our equipment and attention to detail allows our team to confidently and efficiently assess and treat any situation in front of them.
For more information about our certified nurses, paramedics or pilots please call us at (806)-331-7426.