Hamilton-T1 Intelligent Transport Ventilator
One of our frequently asked questions is “What are the capabilities of your on board medical equipment?” One of our most trusted pieces of equipment we use, and one that’s worthy of telling you a bit about is our Hamilton-T1 ventilator. First, how about we share some background on Hamilton Medical. Hamilton is a family owned company started in 1983. It is now run by second and third generations. Their vision is: “we provide better ventilation care to critically ill patients and unburden the people who care for them.” They are now the leading manufacturer of critical care ventilation solutions. Hamilton equipment caters to vast patient populations and environments. You can read more about Hamilton on their website Hamilton Medical.
The Hamilton-T1 is the most advanced mobile ICU ventilator on the market. It has been approved to be used in ambulances, helicopters and airplanes. The Hamilton-T1 offers ventilation that can be used on a grown man to a neonate. The T1 also passes the military test. Being able to operate in temperatures ranging from -15°C to +50°C (5°F to +122°F) proves it can withstand extreme conditions. Features that benefit the armed forces are the quick start-up settings making it easy to manage for non-medical personnel, night vision option to avoid interfering with night vision devices, and unbreakable and lightweight transport and storage cases to withstand harsh environments. The ventilation mode, Adaptive Support Ventilation (ASV) encourages patients to breath spontaneously and reduces ventilation time in post-cardiac surgery patients and medical patients.
Hamilton -T1 Technologies:
- Adult, pediatric, and neonatal ventilation
- Mobility for primary, secondary, and intrahospital transport
- Adaptive support ventilation(ASV) for lung-protective ventilation
- Use with night vision goggles
- IntelliTrig leak compensation for NIV and invasive ventilation
- Sp02 measurement
- Ncpap modes
- Configurable loops and trends
- Approved for all types of transport
- Oxygen adjustable from 21% to 100%
- Dynamic Lung for simplified patient monitoring
- Optimal alarm detection
- High performance noninvasive ventilation (NIV)
- Vent Status for simplified patient assessment
- Integrated pneumatic nebulizer
- All ventilation modes
- Volumetric capnography
- Proximal flow sensor for precise measurements
- High flow oxygen therapy (optional)
At Rico, we want to give all our patients and their families peace of mind. We do this by providing the most advanced equipment available and requiring recurrent quarterly training of all our crew members (every 3 months) in the latest aero-medical transport medicine.